SCHOLARSHIPS, TRANSFER INFO, AID, JOBS
• NEW!! SEEDS SCHOLARSHIPS (STEM / UNDERREPRESENTED STUDENTS) (DUE 5/8/17)
• NEW!! VETERANS! POSSE PROGRAM FOR DARTMOUTH / VASSAR / WESLEYAN
• TRANSFER CENTER VIDEO!
• TRANSFER CENTER NEWS
• (SEPT./OCT. 2015): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesSeptOct2016.jpg
• (NOV./DEC. 2015): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesNovDec2015.pdf
• (SEPT./OCT. 2015): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesSeptOct2015.pdf
• (FEB. /MAR.2015 NEWS): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferNews0215.pdf
• (FEB. 2015): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferCenter0215.pdf
• (AUG./SEPT. 2014): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesAugSept2014.pdf
• (APR./MAY 2014): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesAprilMay2014.pdf
• (FEB./MAR. 2014): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesFebMar2014.pdf
• (NOV./DEC. 2013): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesNovDec2013.pdf
• (OCT./NOV. 2013): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesOctNov2013.pdf
• (AUG./SEPT. 2013): http://www.kkuniyuk.com/TransferTimesAugSept2013.pdf
• FEE WAIVERS FOR COLLEGES
• ACADEMIC TEAM - SCHOLARSHIPS
• UCSD TRANSFER / UNIVERSITYLINK: http://admissions.ucsd.edu/_files/university-link-2013-rev.pdf
• TRANSFER CENTER / ADMISSIONS INFO
What the Transfer Center offers: TransferCenter.pdf (New room: I4-306 in the new Student Services Building)
The Transfer Center is open to students for assistance. They have computers available in the Transfer Center where they can review applications prior to submission and answer questions they may have.
Spring 2013: The Transfer Center is in the LRC every Monday from 1-2 and in the quad every Wednesday from 11:30 to 12:30.
• CHANGES TO UCSD TAG; GOING TO IGETC REQUIREMENTS
• TAG INFO! ... TAGUpdate.pdf
Starting with the Fall 2009 application cycle, students wanting to sign TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantees) to UCSD will be following the IGETC general education pattern instead of the TAG sequence core courses. The new GPA requirement for the IGETC - TAG will be a 3.0.
Students transferring Winter 2009 and Spring 2009 will still be able to follow the old TAG sequence core courses with a GPA requirement of 2.8.
Students can visit the counseling department or the Transfer Center for more information.
• CAN I HAVE "TOO MANY UNITS" TO TRANSFER?
My understanding is that "too many units" generally does not render you ineligible, but some of your excess units may not count towards your degree at the transfer institution. You may have to take courses over again, and that will take time and cost $$. I'm not an authority on this; contact Counseling at Mesa, or contact someone at the transfer institution.
If you take too many units at Mesa, you may drop down in priority of registration, meaning that it will be harder for you to sign up for classes.
• TRANSFER CENTER NEWS
Phone: (619) 388-2473.
• MORE TRANSFER INFO!
Click here (New room: I4-306 in the new Student Services Building)
• TRANSFER AGREEMENTS!
Transfer Agreements to SDSU and UCSD - workshops (dates obsolete; for your reference) (New room: I4-306 in the new Student Services Building)
• CAL GRANTS
• A TIP!
From a UCSD student (several years ago):
I got a great tip for you from the UCSD financial aid office. If someone qualifies for a 1040a or 1040 (?) for taxes the school can't look at their assets to determine their financial responsibility; they can have savings and still get some nice grants.
• ADVICE BOOK FOR COLLEGE APPS
• HARVARD AND STANFORD - NO TUITION FOR LOW-INCOME FAMILIES!