• WHAT NOW?
• FIRST OFF, THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF MY CLASS!
• SHOULD I KEEP USING YOUR YAHOO! ADDRESS?
My Yahoo! address is still fine for most purposes (Email me); I like saving emails using the 1 TB Yahoo! gave me. However, if you need a recommendation letter or some other official business, my official SDCCD email account is safer; some institutions require it: email@example.com
• ITEM “PICK-UP” OFFICE HOURS (FINAL, HW, ETC.)
• FALL 2019 CLASSES: You can pick up items in my office, MS215-P. I expect to be in on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, 1-4pm, starting Mon., Jan. 6 and ending Mon., Jan. 27, but excepting the King holiday on Mon., Jan. 20. You may want to email in advance just in case. You can also pick up items during the Spring 2020 term (office hours probably MW 6:30-7:45pm, TTh 5:30-6:45pm, just like for Fall 2019). Everything will be thrown away after the Spring 2020 semester.
Call my office phone at (619) 388-2396 if you have a hard time getting into the building. The front entrance is most likely to be open.
• SO HOW’S GRADING GOING?
• All grades have been determined. You should be able to see your grade online. For details: Email me
• SOLUTIONS TO THE FINAL: These are now online. See the class web page, near the bottom.
• CAN WE STILL USE THE WEBSITE?
Sure. Spread the word. Copy whatever you want.
You’re welcome to communicate with me in the future.
• THE MATH 119 AND 141 SITES WILL BE REVISED FOR THE NEW TERM.
• PREPARING FOR CALCULUS!
• STUDYING CALCULUS
Actually, my general suggestion is to jump right into Calculus (150) and review Precalculus along the way as necessary. Reviewing 141 front-to-back may be tedious and inefficient. The Chapter 0 (extra-credit) ALEKS class is actually a good review for mechanical skills you’ll need throughout 150. My 150 notes (1/2 typed), old tests, and HW may help. Check out other websites and videos:
“How to Ace Calculus” and the unfortunately titled “Calculus for Dummies” are nice paperbacks.
• ALEKS PROGRAMS ARE GREAT REFRESHERS (UP THROUGH PRECALCULUS)! OUR MATH 15s ARE BASED ON THESE.
You can go to www.aleks.com to purchase your own license in any case. The Math 15s might not be a good idea if you have had too many “W” withdrawals, or if you are on academic probation.
• HAVE A GREAT BREAK!