• WHAT NOW?
• SHOULD I KEEP USING YOUR YAHOO! ADDRESS?
My Yahoo! address is still fine for most purposes (Email me); I like saving emails using the 1 TB Yahoo! gave me. However, if you need a recommendation letter or some other official business, my official SDCCD email account is safer; some institutions require it: firstname.lastname@example.org
• ITEM “PICK-UP” OFFICE HOURS (FINAL, HW, ETC.)
• FALL 2018 CLASS: You can pick up items during my office hours (same as for Fall: MTWTh 4:30-5:45pm) for the Spring 2019 semester. Everything will be thrown away after the Spring 2019 semester.
• SPRING 2019 CLASS: You can pick up items during my office hours for Summer 2019 in my office, MS215-P.
Call my office phone at (619) 388-2396 if you have a hard time getting into the building. The front entrance is most likely to be open.
• SO HOW’S GRADING GOING?
• Math 141: All grades have been determined. Grades have been entered. Email me
• SOLUTIONS TO THE FINAL: (See main Math 141 page, at the bottom.)
• CAN WE STILL USE THE WEBSITE?
Sure. Spread the word. Copy whatever you want.
You’re welcome to communicate with me in the future.
• THE MATH 141 SITE WILL BE REVISED FOR THE NEW TERM.
• PREPARING FOR CALCULUS!
• STUDYING CALCULUS
Actually, my general suggestion is to jump right into Calculus (150) and review Precalculus along the way as necessary. Reviewing 141 front-to-back may be tedious and inefficient. The Chapter 0 (extra-credit) ALEKS class is actually a good review for mechanical skills you’ll need throughout 150. My 150 notes (1/2 typed), old tests, and HW may help. Check out other websites and videos:
“How to Ace Calculus” and the unfortunately titled “Calculus for Dummies” are nice paperbacks.
• ALEKS PROGRAMS ARE GREAT REFRESHERS (UP THROUGH PRECALCULUS)! OUR MATH 15s ARE BASED ON THESE.
You can go to www.aleks.com to purchase your own license in any case. The Math 15s might not be a good idea if you have had too many “W” withdrawals, or if you are on academic probation.
• HAVE A GREAT BREAK!